||Merri Outreach Support Service acknowledges that we are on Kulin land for which traditional owners and their forebears have been custodians for many centuries and one on which indigenous people have performed age old ceremonies of celebration, initiation and renewal. We acknowledge their living culture and unique role in the life of this region.
North and West Regional Children's Resource Program
The North West Regional Children’s Resource Program (NWRCRP) is committed to ensuring safety for all children who access homelessness and family violence services.
We believe all children should be safe, happy and empowered and should be supported and respected. Services should be committed to the cultural safety of Aboriginal children, the cultural safety of children from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds, and to providing a safe environment for children with a disability.
NWRCRP was developed to assist the homelessness sector to identify and address the specific needs of children experiencing homelessness and family violence. NWRCRP provides support to services in the following areas, Hume/ Moreland, North Eastern Melbourne, Brimbank/ Melton and Western Melbourne. The program is state-wide with coordinators in each metropolitan and rural region.
- Information provision
- Secondary consultation
- Community Development - co-facilitating workshops, activities, forums and participating in children's specific events.
- Active involvement in various networks focused on Specialist Homelessness Sector development advocating for children.
- Direct support to Homelessness services in the development of tools, policies and sourcing and facilitation of training that promotes best practice in the support of children and promotion of child safe organisations.
- Data Collection and Research.
- Provision of the Homeless Kids Count Website.
- Developing partnerships with Indigenous communities to raise the profile and support the specific needs of Indigenous Children.
- Developing partnerships with CALD communities to support the specific needs of CALD children.
- Representation within the Family Violence, Mental Health, Education, Disability, Health and Early Years sectors to raise awareness of the needs of homeless and disadvantaged children. Advocating on behalf of children experiencing homelessness and family violence on a range of issues that affect their health, wellbeing and status within our community.
- Managing a resource library
How to access the program:
Contact Halime or Clare
Merri Outreach Support Service (MOSS)
22 Lakeside Drive, Broadmeadows, 3047
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Clarem@merri.org.au
Statewide Children’s Resource Program
Children’s Resource Program operates state-wide. See the link for further information